Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Restoration: Dollhouse to Bookshelf

I don't think I told you, but I'm moving out. Yep, I'm leaving my parents big comfy house in Brisbane and high tailing it to Melbourne, or there abouts, to live with cousin. It's all very exciting and nerve racking and a whole plethora of emotions I hardly new existed, and seeing as there's only nine days until I leave I though I'd take on a project. Makes sense doesn't it.


 This my dollhouse. My Papa (grandpa) made it for me when I was around 3 or 4. I adored it. As you can see it's been through a bit. I stuck stickers on the inside walls as artwork for my barbies, when I was ten I got a free stamp with a magazine, tried it out and got bored halfway through, and it's spent the last decade or so living in the garage. Not anymore! Over the next few days, lets say six, I'm going fix it up The Block style. When I'm done it will be ready to come to Melbourne and serve as my cute a quirky bookshelf.

Lets survey the damage.






All in all it's not so bad, it just need a good clean and a lick of paint. The hinges aren't even rusted.

Now it's back to work, packing, organising and the usual moving interstate things.

Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...