Sunday, February 3, 2013

Costume Design Guild Awards Part 2

Part 1 of my Costume Design Guild Awards features pictures and my two cents on all the nominees for the film categories, excellence in contemporary film, excellence in period film, and excellence in fantasy film.
This post will feature the nominees for the television categories, and here they are...

For Outstanding Contemporary Television Series

Girls – Jennifer Rogien

Nashville – Susie DeSanto

Revenge – Jill Ohanneson

Smash – Molly Maginnis

Treme – Alonzo Wilson, Costume Designer. Ann Walters, co-Costume Designer
 I watch Girls and have watched Revenge and Smash. My personal preference for the show may be clouding my judgement but I'm gonna go with Girls. It's stylish in a way that not just about draping the actors in up to the minute fashions. It's quirky and perfectly articulates who the characters are.

For Outstanding Fantasy/Period Television Series

Boardwalk Empire – John Dunn, Lisa Padovani

Game of Thrones – Michele Clapton

Downton Abbey – Caroline McCall
 This one is clear for me, it's Game of Thrones of course. This has nothing to do with me being a mad GoT fan (maybe a little), or not having seen the others (yet). GoT has such variety and depth that it needs to encompass in it's costumes and Michele Clapton pulls it off magnificently.

For Outstanding Made for TV Movie or Miniseries

American Horror Story: Asylum, Season 2 – Lou Eyrich

Hemingway & Gellhorn – Ruth Myers

Hatfields & McCoys – Karri Hutchinson
 I can't pass judgement on this category as I haven't seen any of the contenders but I'm going to go for Hatfields & McCoys just for fun.

For Excellence in Commercial Costume Design

No great pictures for these but here are the links to the videos.

Capital One: Couture – Roseanne Fiedler

Captain Morgan Black – Judianna Makovsky

Dos Equis: Most Interesting Man in the World – Julie Vogel

The costume design seems  to be top notch on all of these but I most enjoyed the Dos Equis ad.

So there it is. I believe the winners will be announced on the 19th of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...