Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Vampires


I recently watched Let Me In, the American adaptation of the Swedish novel Let the Right One In.
The Film was brilliant, as I’m sure the Swedish adaptation was, though I haven’t seen it.
The psychology and philosophy of the vampire has always fascinated me, and only becomes more riveting when that vampire is a child. The dark and twisted cousin of Peter Pan (who is already a little twisted), the Child Vampire can never grow old and can never grow up.

In Art

 The Vampire by Charles Méryon, 1853.

Vampire by Edvard Munch, 1893.

Vampyre by Jan Frans de Boever, c. 1920.

The Vampire by Philip Burne-Jones, 1897.
 
Vampire Girl by Victoria Frances.

In Film and Television

James Marsters and Juliet Landau as Spike and Drusilla from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Joss Whedon, 1997-2003).

Kirsten Dunst as Claudia in Interview with a Vampire (Neil Jordan, 1994).
Another child vampire, the first to make me wonder about perpetual childhood.

Max Schrek as Nosferatu in the film of the same name, directed by F.W. Murnau in 1922.

The Houston Ballet's World Premiere of Dracula march13-23 1997.

Kristan Bauer and Alexander Skarsgård as Pam and Eric in True Blood (Alan Ball, 2008).


To keep up to date with the words and pictures I'm sharing now head on over to my new website, www.sarahfallon.net.  I'm talking readingwriting and all kinds of daydreamy things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...