Friday, March 11, 2011

Picture of the Week

Pandora and her oh so fateful box by Arthur Rackham.

So many Greek myths involve people looking at what and where they shouldn’t (the forbidden what a wonderful theme); Orpheus looked back and lost his wife forever to the underworld, Actaeon takes a peek at the virgin goddess Artemis/Diana and is promptly slain (quite gruesomely I might add), Narcissus’s vanity has unpleasant consequences and nobody wants to take a look at Medusa.

 To finish us off for today a quote from the genius that is Terry Pratchett:

‘I think it’s very romantic. Only when you leave, it’s very important not to look back.’
                “Why not?”
                She shrugged. ‘I don’t know. Perhaps the view isn’t very good.’
The Light Fantastic, 123

To keep up to date with the words and pictures I'm sharing now head on over to my new website, www.sarahfallon.net.  I'm talking readingwriting and all kinds of daydreamy things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...